Open School of the Bible (OSB) is owned and operated by the United In Christ charity (UIC) that started in January 2007.
Apart from OSB United In Christ also publishes a quarterly magazine called the ‘SHARE Magazine’ where Christian writers get together and help each other to get the gospel out using the power of the print media. Please feel free to Contact us for more information about what we do and how you may be able to help.
Working with UIC or studying at OSB does not mean you need to fit into any mould, take on any label or be from a specific denomination. You need however to be Christian, agree with our Statement of Faith and have a view to work with others for the purposes of the kingdom. True unity can only come from willing hearts.
Charity Number 1140448
That those who pass through this school will become equipped and anchored in the truths of scriptures. That if any were starved of God’s truths and/or confused they would become confident, strong and have close fellowship with Jesus our Lord.
To discover and empower God’s people for the work of the ministry through knowledge of God’s written word and intimacy with Jesus His living word.
• in the Bible as God’s infallible Word, uniquely inspired and supremely authoritative in all matters of faith and conduct. It is a complete and sufficient revelation of all matters concerning God’s nature, His will for mankind and eternal salvation through Jesus Christ. 2 Tim 3:16, John 20:31, Rev 22:19, 2 Peter 1:21.
• in one God, eternally existing in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Gen 1:1, 2 Cor 13:14, Titus 2:13, 2 Cor 3:17,18
• Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary. He led a sinless life, took on Himself all our sins, died and rose again, and is seated at the right hand of the Father as our mediator and advocate. This resurrection demonstrates His complete authority over sin, death and the Devil and that He is Lord over all things. He will return to earth at the end of this present age. 2 Cor 5:2l, Acts 2:23-24, 1 Cor 15:3,4, Heb 4:15 Eph 1:20,21, Matt 1.18-23, Acts 1:9-11.
• that mankind forfeited his original relationship with God when Adam the first created man disobeyed God by following the bidding of the Devil. Every person born into the world inherits this fallen status and sinful nature. All men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, and need to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ by accepting by faith the gift of salvation paid for by Jesus’ sacrificial death on the cross.
• that Christ will return to earth at the end of time and be seen by all living people. He will resurrect every person who ever lived to face the last judgement where all mankind will give an account of their thoughts, words and deeds.